Pain is inevitable

I have been absent from writing this month and the longer I stay away the more difficult it has become to just sit down at the computer and start once again.   One of my son's friends passed away on the first of the year.  It was unexpected and shocked his family and tight knit group of friends to the core.  Watching my son and his friends mourn the loss weighed very heavy on me.  He was a very bright talented young man.  He shared all the same talents as my son which allowed me to feel connected to him through familiarity and to his parents. He was passionate about skateboarding, music, he played several instruments, photography and he was a master with editing videography.  He was kind-hearted, gentle and genuinely connected to his friends through all of these activities. My heart has ached for his family and friends these past few weeks.  


I realized through this process how important it is for me to have balance in my life in order to be open to receive creative flow. Pain is inevitable in life how we move through it is the secret to success.   I choose to allow myself to be patient with the healing process.  I have spent many hours giving service to my family hoping that I could make some small difference in their day.  I realized I was starting to heal when I began noticing the beauty around me. I have been to the mountains to hike around and take pictures several times the past few weeks. I am starting to find my way back.

The end of life has its own nature, also worth our attention. I don’t say this without reckoning in the sorrow, the worry, the many diminishments. But surely it is then that a person’s character shines or glooms. ~ Mary Oliver. 


I would like to apologize to Ginger and the Gents for the long delay in between our conversation and getting the article posted.  If you get chance to go see a live a show this weekend be sure to catch them at the Royal in Salt Lake on Friday.  I will be posting my blog about their journey with becoming a band and performing live in the next couple of weeks so watch for that.  

Advent Horizon Jan. Gig.jpg






  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing: James Mauri

The journey to connection

Happy to Announce