The Adventurous Journey

The Adventurous Journey


At the beginning of 2017 I dubbed this year " The Year of the Adventurous Journey". I planned to push outside my comfort zone, lean into the pain of transformation and live presently.  I had no idea how many obstacles I would soon be faced with. 

The universe responded with "Game on girl!" as if I had challenged it to test every ounce of my resolve to achieve my goal of posting to this blog once a week and many other goals that I have set for this year.  The following are just the highlights or low points, as it were, for each month in the first quarter of 2017.   

December 2016 - I was let go as the Director of Operations but was kept on as a vendor - FollowMyGig for the event center I was working for; which moving forward, will be a non-paid position (of course)  

January - Job hunt ensues

February - House burns down one week after I land a new job - move in with family (THANK YOU KAREN!) and the hunt for a permanent place to live ensues. 

March - Car breaks down and I get to learn how to navigate a new city with mass transit. ... later in March car is back up and running and I have a FABULOUS new place of residence which also has two dogs that live upstairs and visit me often. Say hello to Steely Dan. 

 


As I reflected over the past few months and sought to find the gems I could collect to add to my own personal 'silver-lining playbook' I obtained the following list. I hope you will find it useful when overcoming your obstacles during your own pursuit to get paid to create and share your art, your gifts and your talents!



1 - Look directly into the face of your obstacles, fearlessly and with curious intent

2 - Take inventory 
  • What are your resources?
  • Who are your family, friends and mentors that are cheering for your success? Call them they are eager to help. 
  • What gift did this experience bring with it?  There is always a gift. 
3 - Cry if you must but only for two days. Then get up, get dressed and show up ready to give your best effort to move over, around or through the obstacle.


4 - Trust the process - expect positive results.


5 - Find a creative outlet that allows your mind to rest from all the overthinking that happens when you're actively searching for answers

                            Never ever give up and breathe......always breath.  

I  have an office now for FollowMyGig! THANK YOU DANE!! The blog is back! Next edition I will introduce you to Ginger and the Gents. 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing: James Mauri

The journey to connection

Happy to Announce