Introducing: James Mauri

I am accepting articles from musicians that have been written by other sources for the blog.  If you have an article you would like me to share please submit it to info@followmygig.com  Thanks to James Mauri and B. Blake for this entry.




James Mauri - A Modern Day Musical Prophet?

James is decidedly a loner and his writing speaks to the loner in us all . His snide delivery along side pulsating folk and rock grooves barely disguise where he is coming from .

Look at the release date and lyrical content of 'On the Vine' , 11/11 - 3 days after the election and his subsequent release 'Revolution Around the Sun' on the first of the year . Numerology and timing , he's got .

'I don't need a bag for these stones' he snarls - as if to turn away the handouts from those who then weigh him down with burden. Exclaiming that - now , he's 'in the cold' - 'a day of reckoning is upon us' and that 'we will overcome' as a people . Seriously ?

Honestly - I'm pretty observant , but none of this hit me until after the inauguration . Each line of 'On the Vine' struck a chord in me - that was left to ring and pulsate until the next line came ... It breathed in me a certain alienated fight that I hadn't felt since being a teenager .

'Revolution Around the Sun' is the band aid for after that fight . As the title implies , the song is a romantic retrospective cloaked in Gothic imagery . Everything about it gives hope and feels and sounds lush . I was pleasantly surprised to find the video was equally lush . In fact both videos for these singles were out of the park - stellar production on all fronts .

I'm completely entranced by his vision and direction both musically and artistically and by the looks of it , I'm not the only one .

James is way beyond a triple threat and I can literally count on my hand how many artists the world has seen like him . Yeah - not even kidding . He has done a terrific job of modeling himself after his carefully selected influences and I can tell he's just getting warmed up . Follow his Twitter , his FB and sub to his Youtube so you can decide for yourself. This guy is about to be on fire!



Written by B. Blake 

Comments

  1. This was fantastic write up! Your a great musician it's great follow you on this journey!!✌🎸😎😚

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The journey to connection

Happy to Announce